AP has released the following information so far in regards to AP Exams. They will be releasing more information by Friday, April 3.
- For the 2019-2020 school year only, AP students can take a 45-minute online AP exam at home.
- Each AP subject will have two different testing dates so students can choose when they want to take the exam. These dates have not been released yet.
- Exams will only include topics and skills most AP teachers and students have already covered in class by early March. (The AP Art Exam will have less work required in their portfolios.) (AP has not yet released information about the speaking portion of the Language exams.)
- Will colleges give the same credit for AP Exam Scores?
Colleges support this solution and are committed to ensuring that AP students receive the credit they have worked this year to earn.
- Students will be able to take these streamlined exams on any device they have access to—computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- How will AP make sure there is no cheating?
The exam questions are designed and administered in ways that prevent cheating; we use a range of digital security tools and techniques, including plagiarism detection software, to protect the integrity of the exams.
AP will be sending out another update by Friday, April 3. We will send out new information as
soon as we get it.
If you have questions, please email anytime.
School Counselor / AP Coordinator