NDA’s dress code is intended to: encourage cleanliness, neatness and pride in one’s appearance; foster respect for the way in which one presents herself to others; create a semi-formal atmosphere needed for a disciplined learning environment; provide a uniform manner of dressing which minimizes social differences that may exist among students.
Notre Dame Academy has a school uniform that consists of:
- a gray uniform skirt or uniform slacks (the skirt or pants must fit properly, be zipped and buttoned, hemmed appropriately and free of stains, rips, and/or holes). Students are required to obtain a new skirt or pants if it no longer zips, has tears, holes, or stains.
- a white or light blue banded Notre Dame Academy polo shirt
- solid white, gray, black or navy blue socks
- appropriate shoes that have a back to them
Optional items that may be purchased and worn with the uniform include:
- a navy blue Notre Dame Academy pullover sweater
- a navy blue Notre Dame Academy cardigan sweater
- a navy blue Notre Dame Academy sweatshirt
- a navy blue Notre Dame Academy fleece
- a navy blue blazer with NDA’s emblem for special occasions such as Mass, award ceremonies, etc.
- gray, black, or navy blue leggings
- black dress slacks for designated events
Any visible body piercing, except the ear, and visible tattoos are prohibited at school. Extreme unnatural hair coloring is not permitted.