2021-22 Pandas Return to Campus Plan
Daily Personal Assessment
- Has the student been tested and tested positive for the virus that causes COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Does the student have a temperature of 100.4 or greater, as measured by a reliable and accurate home thermometer?
- Does the student have any COVID-19 related symptoms, including persistent non-allergy related cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain not attributable to recent activity, sore throat, new rash, GI symptoms (i.e., vomiting or diarrhea), or loss of taste or smell?
- Has anyone in the student’s household been diagnosed with, or showing symptoms of COVID-19?
- Has anyone in the student’s household been in recent close contact (i.e. past 48 hours) with anyone exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 who has tested positive, not been tested, or is waiting for test results?
- Has the student traveled outside the country or to any high-risk locations in the last 14 days or been in close contact with someone who has traveled to high-risk locations in the past 14 days?
If the answer is “yes” to any of the foregoing questions, the student is not permitted to attend school or any school-related activity, and the student’s parents or guardian must contact the school office immediately.
Information from the NDA Nurse’s Office
All students who test positive for COVID-19 must be cleared for progression back to activity by an approved health care provider (MD/DO) and MUST complete the KHSAA COVID-19 Return to Play Form before returning to participation in a physical education class or sports at NDA.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
Our students and parents have many questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, now available for people 12 years old and older. We realize that choosing to vaccinate or not is a very personal decision that is best met with careful consideration and education. To support our families as they make this important decision, NDA recently brought together a team of NDA alumnae in the medical field to educate our community about the COVID-19 vaccine at a Parent Information Session.
If you were unable to attend NDA’s Parent Information Session regarding the COVID-19 vaccination for adolescents, you can find Dr. Voet’s presentation HERE.
You can also find vaccination information here from Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center here: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information | Vaccines: What You Need to Know