Research is one of the most important aspects of a student’s college planning process. Here are some quick links to websites where you can search for colleges by size, location, major, cost, extracurricular activities, and much more. You’ll also find information on Financial Aid, Scholarships, and completing Admissions Applications.
College Board offers information about every aspect of the college process! Great, comprehensive site. Students can create a free account and be able to save search criteria, colleges of interest, career/major information, and utilize other personalized resources.
- College Search – Search for colleges based on a variety of criteria. Ability to save search results and colleges of interest. Good ‘starter’ search tool. Once some colleges of interest are found, it is recommended that you visit each schools’ actual website for more detailed and up-to-date information.
- Compare Colleges – GREAT TOOL! Be sure to check this out as you are researching schools! You can compare and view the similarities and differences between colleges in an easy to read format. Look at cost differences, size, locations, etc.
- College search website with a “by students for students” approach. CollegeProwler.com has more than 200,000 student reviews and coverage on nearly 7,000 schools.
- Use College Prowler to find and research schools and scholarships!
- Keep in mind that these are student reviews and double-check information by getting on college websites.
- Find well-written articles on choosing colleges to apply for, search for colleges by region of the country or programs of interest, view profiles of colleges and get links to college websites.
- This website helps with all aspects of the college search, completing applications, and the college decision process. You do not need to sign up for an account to have access to tons of information. Great for students and parents!