In accordance with the recently updated Diocesan COVID-19 Return to School Requirements 2021-22 School Year, beginning Monday, January 24, we may return to a recommended mask policy when the following requirements are met:
• we have 5 or less cases of COVID-19 at NDA, and
• cases are declining
We have had 15 new reported cases of members of our community testing positive for COVID-19 within the last week at NDA and we have had 4 additional members of our community who are currently in quarantine due to a reported exposure to COVID-19. Therefore:
Masks will continue to be required at NDA from January 20-26.
We will continue to monitor and report weekly cases of COVID-19 at NDA on Wednesdays in the Panda Press Weekly. The mask protocol for the 7 days following (Thursday – Wednesday) will be announced each week based on the number of new cases we have each week. As stated above, if we have 5 or less cases and cases are declining, we will return to a recommended mask policy. We truly appreciate your support in our COVID-19 protocols at NDA. Our success throughout these past two challenging years is a direct result of our community working together to keep each other safe and healthy.
Please keep NDA updated on any COVID-19 related issues involving your family. If you have any health related questions or concerns, please contact our school nurses, Tina Sizemore, RN. and Melanie Martin, RN., at 859.292.1843 or email@example.com.
We thank our students, parents, faculty and staff for their continued cooperation as we respond to the constantly changing situations presented by the COVID-19 pandemic. As always, our goal is to protect the health and wellbeing of our community while continuing to meet our responsibility to educate our students and provide them with in-person instruction.
Daily Personal Assessment
- Has the student been tested and tested positive for the virus that causes COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Does the student have a temperature of 100.4 or greater, as measured by a reliable and accurate home thermometer?
- Does the student have any COVID-19 related symptoms, including persistent non-allergy related cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain not attributable to recent activity, sore throat, new rash, GI symptoms (i.e., vomiting or diarrhea), or loss of taste or smell?
- Has anyone in the student’s household been diagnosed with, or showing symptoms of COVID-19?
- Has anyone in the student’s household been in recent close contact (i.e. past 48 hours) with anyone exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 who has tested positive, not been tested, or is waiting for test results?
- Has the student traveled outside the country or to any high-risk locations in the last 14 days or been in close contact with someone who has traveled to high-risk locations in the past 14 days?
If the answer is “yes” to any of the foregoing questions, the student is not permitted to attend school or any school-related activity, and the student’s parents or guardian must contact the school office or school nurses (firstname.lastname@example.org).
2021-22 Pandas Return to Campus Plan
Information from the NDA Nurse’s Office
All students who test positive for COVID-19 must be cleared for progression back to activity by an approved health care provider (MD/DO) and MUST complete the KHSAA COVID-19 Return to Play Form before returning to participation in a physical education class or sports at NDA.