Notre Dame Academy's Administration and Board of Directors began crafting a strategic plan this past summer to map out our direction for the next five years. Sharing this plan with our community is important so our alumnae, parents and friends can join us in looking forward to the continued success of Notre Dame Academy. Below are the main themes of the strategic plan that will be implemented beginning in 2013 and concluding in 2018. This plan will enable us to continue “Building Confidence, Celebrating Excellence, and Enabling a Future without Boundaries.”
NOTRE DAME ACADEMY
Building Confidence, Celebrating Excellence,
and Enabling a Future without Boundaries
1. NDA will offer a holistic education grounded in Catholic teaching encompassing the vision and principles of the Sisters of Notre Dame.
• Ensure that the mission and vision of the SND’s is embedded in meaningful ways in curricular and co- curricular activities.
• Identify and implement collaboration opportunities with other SND ministries.
• Utilize service and service-learning opportunities to enhance teaching and learning.
• Pursue avenues of promoting Catholic education in consultation with the Diocese of Covington.
• Develop a leadership succession plan.
2. Develop and strengthen programs that promote lifelong learning skills, nurture self-confidence, and empower young women to be leaders in our world.
• Ensure that curriculum and instruction utilize proven best practices that support student learning in the 21st century.
• Ensure that co-curricular opportunities support a holistic education.
• Utilize student performance data for continuous improvement.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive technology plan that supports best instructional practice.
• Develop a comprehensive Student Support Services plan.
• Develop an effective faculty and staff performance and evaluation model.
• Increase opportunities for and support of faculty and staff professional development.
• Create a leadership program for all grade levels.
• Provide accelerated learning opportunities.
3. Provide facilities and resources that support the implementation of the Strategic Plan.
• Complete a feasibility study of present facilities: library, classrooms, offices, chapel, cafeteria, and student gathering space.
• Enhance facilities to ensure an effective 21st century learning environment.
• Provide resources that support effective programs and services.
• Develop a five-year financial plan for the school.
4. Promote the value of an NDA education in our region through a comprehensive marketing plan.
• Develop a five-year enrollment plan that encompasses recruitment and retention.
• Promote the value of the SND vision and principles.
• Promote the benefits of single-gender education.
• Build community and school partnerships to promote NDA as an educational leader in our region.
• Engage NDA constituencies (students, faculty, staff, parents, alumnae, parents of former students, and board of directors) in promoting NDA.
5. Develop a comprehensive advancement plan that supports strategic priorities and ensures the lifelong future of the school.
• Develop a comprehensive five-year fundraising plan that includes developing a Planned Giving strategy; broadening the Annual Fund Appeal, and strengthening alumnae support, donor cultivation and solicitation.
• Increase board members’ giving and involvement in fundraising activities and student recruitment.
• Pursue and secure grants and other revenue streams.
• Establish programs that will engage partnerships: feeder schools, community, alumnae, parents, and former parents.